PTO stands for Parents and Teacher Organization. Being a PTO member gives you an active voice in the education process. PTO enables you to communicate and participate in the development of the students. Your involvement shows our children how important they are to us and helps them to succeed.
What the South Nodaway PTO Does:
We hold monthly meetings to discuss and plan various projects that will benefit the students and the staff of South Nodaway. Through these various projects we have been able to successfully raise funds that have allowed us to provide the following:
2. Pay for every High School student to take the ACT college entrance exam.
3. Provide a year’s quantity of Kleenex for the high school students.
4. Provide each of the elementary students their own personal water bottle.
5. Serve a meal for the Teachers/Staff during the Parent/Teacher conferences.
6. Plan activities during Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week.
7. Provide the High School students with a Christmas pizza celebration.
8. Sponsored the elementary Reading Lock In and Science Night.
9. Sponsor the High School Seat Belt Safety Program.
10. Supply the Principals at both schools with funds that are available for special projects specific to their school’s needs.
The Longhorn PTO meets the first Thursday